Darren’s passion for animation started from drawing cartoon characters as a child.
After graduating from Bournemouth and Poole College of Art and Design with a merit in 2D animation, Darren chose to pursue a career in model making and stop-frame animation.
His 22 year career has seen him animate commercials, idents, interstitials and feature films for companies including;
- Cod Steaks ( Prop, Set, Model maker)
- CMTB ( Animator )
- Elm Road Productions ( Model Maker and Key Animator )
- Happy Hour Productions ( Key Animator )
- Aardman Commercials ( Staff Key Animator )
- Aardman Feature Films ( Staff Key Animator )
Throughout his career Darren has also supported the industry by teaching in schools, delivered workshops along with tutoring and developing those new to the world of stop-frame animation.
Darren is currently working as the supervising animator for Animortal Films on “Chuck Steel Night of the Trampires”.